For your first class, just show up and introduce yourself. Our instructors and students will welcome you to the school. Feel free to watch a class before starting your training—but if you feel bold, you can usually start right away.
Prepare for your first Tae Kwon Do class the same way you’d get ready for any workout:
- wear comfortable clothes that won’t restrict your motion. a T-shirt and shorts, yoga pants, or sweats is fine. you’ll probably get warm during training, so multiple layers usually aren’t recommended.
- remove any visible jewelry, including necklaces or chains that may be partially hidden by a T-shirt, and put them in a safe place.
- remove your shoes and socks, since we practice barefoot.
- don’t eat a large meal too close to class, but do make sure you’re adequately hydrated. when in doubt, drink a little extra water before class starts.
- Dates for promotion exams and evaluations
- Events like field trips and special training weekends
- News about the dojang and its students & instructors
- Links to new blog posts about martial arts ideas and concepts
- Let your instructors know what you think via polls
- Updates on our cultural self-study program
- Thoughts from guest instructors and JDK alumni