For your first class, just show up and introduce yourself. Our instructors and students will welcome you to the school. Feel free to watch a class before starting your training—but if you feel bold, you can usually start right away.
Prepare for your first Taekwondo class the same way you’d get ready for any workout:
- wear comfortable clothes that won’t restrict your motion. a T-shirt and shorts, yoga pants, or sweats is fine. you’ll probably get warm during training, so multiple layers usually aren’t recommended.
- remove any visible jewelry, including necklaces or chains that may be partially hidden by a T-shirt, and put them in a safe place.
- remove your shoes and socks, since we practice barefoot.
- don’t eat a large meal too close to class, but do make sure you’re adequately hydrated. when in doubt, drink a little extra water before class starts.
- Dates for promotion exams and evaluations
- Events like field trips and special training weekends
- News about the dojang and its students & instructors
- Links to new blog posts about martial arts ideas and concepts
- Let your instructors know what you think via polls
- Updates on our cultural self-study program
- Thoughts from guest instructors and JDK alumni